FThe SDGnexus Network project at the Center for International Development and Environmental Research (Zentrum für internationale Entwicklungs- und Umweltforschung, ZEU), based at the Justus Liebig University Giessen (JLU), Germany, invites applications for a full-time position as
Research Associate for Sustainable Development Goal Interactions with experience in public relations
The position is available from June 01st, 2021 until December 31st, 2024. The salary of the position is determined by payment group E 13 according to the collective labor agreement of the State of Hessen (TV-H).
The SDGnexus Network
The SDGnexus Network, consisting of partners from Colombia, Ecuador, Germany, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan, provides a common research framework related to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the United Nations and aims to analyze synergies and trade-offs among individual SDGs (SDG nexus analysis). The SDGnexus Network intends to prepare the next generation of scientists by implementing a variety of teaching programs and training activities, with particular attention to the needs of junior researchers. The SDGnexus Network investigates interrelations among single SDGs within the following five focal research areas: Food systems, Water, Urban & rural areas, Natural resources, and SDG monitoring. Please find further information on the research areas at https://www.uni-giessen.de/fbz/zentren/zeu/sdgnexus/research/research-areas
• You hold an excellent Ph.D. in a topic related to the SDGs.
• You possess good knowledge of the SDGs and of the methods for quantifying synergies and tradeoffs between them.
• You communicate fluently in spoken and written English.
• Good knowledge of the German language is a clear advantage.
• You possess a track record in public relations and science communication, for example experience with social media channels, editorial work, or scientific writing.
• You are familiar with common office packages, photo/video editing software, and CMS-systems.
You are a highly motivated person that brings curiosity in research and is committed to pursue scientific excellence in a multi-disciplinary, collaborative, and international environment.
The JLU is seeking a larger percentage of women in academia; therefore, qualified female researchers are especially encouraged to apply. The JLU sees itself as a family-friendly university. We therefore welcome applicants with children.
For further information on the Zentrum für internationale Entwicklungs- und Umweltforschung (ZEU) or the SDGnexus Network see https://www.uni-giessen.de/zeu or http://www.sdgnexus.net
The SDGnexus Network is supported by the DAAD with funds from the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
- Instructions (14 Downloads)